Question:

From Edinburg, Texas, USA:

I quit smoking marijuana two weeks ago, and I'm going through a lot right now because of family and friends. Marijuana was the only thing that made me happy at times, but now I don't know what to do. I'm feeling depressed, and I want to start again. What should I do?

Answer:

Is it possible for you to hook up with an addictions counselor? That would be my first suggestion, and I strongly urge you to act before you pick up a joint. Self -medicating with marijuana can alter your diabetes care, either by causing you to overeat (munchies) or to forget your regimen altogether. Please think about a psychological evaluation for depression as well as soon as possible.

CMB

Posted to Behavior