From Florence, Mississippi, USA:

I am about 80 pounds overweight, and I get excruciating stomach pain (right under my chest). I start sweating, and I feel as though I am going to pass out. It usually happens when I haven't eaten for a while or when I am asleep, and it wakes me up. To make the symptoms go away, I pop a piece of candy in my mouth, and it goes away in a couple of minutes. It has been happening for a couple of years, but lately it is happening more frequently. Do you think I am having symptoms of diabetes?

What you need is a complete medical checkup as soon as possible.

[Editor's comment: See symptoms of diabetes. SS]