From Forest, Virginia, USA:

Over 10 years ago, my husband saw many health professionals and finally surmised he had hypoglycemia (or something like it) which he controls by diet only at this time. He cannot drink water/tea because they make him weak so he only drinks Diet Coke. He cannot have sugar of any kind (no gum, fruit, simple carbs such as noodles, pasta, rice, bread, no milk, etc.). If he has anything other than vegetables and meat, he will get headaches, break into a sweat, become very weak, and need to eat another meal immediately. As long as he eats only meats (not heavily breaded ones either) and veggies, he is okay.

He needs to eat six to eight meals a day for energy. He cannot do any form of exercise because he will look like death. What I mean by that is that he will become very pale, have dark circles underneath his eyes. He complains a lot about his legs "being on fire", and he has to prop them up to get the blood circulating again.

I'm wondering if he has LADA. If so, what can be done? How can he be officially diagnosed? Is there medication he should be on?

It is a big jump to go from reactive hypoglycemia to Latent Autoimmune Diabetes in Adults. Any form of diabetes can be diagnosed in a relatively straightforward way by measuring the fasting glucose level at a laboratory. Without specific data, I'm not sure I can help you with this, and I would recommend you have him see an endocrinologist for further insight.