From Blackpool, England:

I am a 15 year old who has had some problems over the years which I just thought it was because I have been a fussy eater. However, I heard about diabetes, so I looked at the symptoms, and I am really scared because I have nearly everything that was said (especially symptoms of type 1 diabetes).

I am not overweight, I have to go to the toilet sometimes very regularly because inside it feels like I have to. I start to binge eat, sometimes I have to drink loads and can't satisfy my thirst, sometimes I get blurred vision like something goes over my eyes, and I have to rub or blink loads of times to get it away (and it does within a couple of seconds). If I don't eat every couple of hours, I go all lightheaded and feel as if I am not there, but once I've eaten, I am okay. Also, I had thrush as well. At the moment it all seems to be in phases, apart from the lightheadedness which happens if I don't eat regularly.

I'm so scared, and I really don't know what to do. I haven't said anything to my parents because they say I'm just being silly and think it's just because I don't eat very well. Would you suggest I go to a doctor? I really think I should just to make sure.Can you die from diabetes? Please help me!

It can sometimes be difficult to know if the symptoms are due to diabetes or not. It is very easy to test for, and I would suggest going to see your doctor to be checked for it. If you are not keen to go to your doctor, you could go to see the nurse who I am sure could test you.