From Florissant, Missouri, USA:

I'm 36 years old, and since the birth of my fifth child, if I don't eat every few hours, I feel breathless, get a shaky feeling inside and I feel I need something sweet to eat or drink or I'll pass out. After a meal, I crave something sweet, and then a couple of hours later I don't feel right and have to get something to eat to feel better. I don't drink or urinate more than usual.

I've always been a healthy person, but this really concerns me since it goes on every day and is worse around my period. Should I go to the doctor?

Yes, you should consult a doctor and soon. It must be very uncomfortable to feel this way, and you need to find out exactly what it is and what you can do to get better.

[Editor's comment: Your symptoms do not match the usual symptoms diabetes; they might represent hypoglycemia. WWQ]

Posted to Diagnosis and Symptoms and Hypoglycemia