Question:

From Florissant, Missouri, USA:

I'm 36 years old, and since the birth of my fifth child, if I don't eat every few hours, I feel breathless, get a shaky feeling inside and I feel I need something sweet to eat or drink or I'll pass out. After a meal, I crave something sweet, and then a couple of hours later I don't feel right and have to get something to eat to feel better. I don't drink or urinate more than usual.

I've always been a healthy person, but this really concerns me since it goes on every day and is worse around my period. Should I go to the doctor?

Answer:

Yes, you should consult a doctor and soon. It must be very uncomfortable to feel this way, and you need to find out exactly what it is and what you can do to get better.

JS

[Editor's comment: Your symptoms do not match the usual symptoms diabetes; they might represent hypoglycemia. WWQ]

Posted to Diagnosis and Symptoms and Hypoglycemia