From Lenexa, Kansas, USA:

My two year old developmentally delayed son does not sleep through the night (nine times out of ten), and he constantly has bouts of diarrhea with stools always green like grass. He is always drinking, and it has to be sweet. When he is not drinking he is sucking on a pacifier. He has been on soy milk since he was two months old and suffered from colic as well.

His doctor does not seem to be concerned and recommended the other developmental evaluations instead. I would think that something like diabetes would interfere with proper rest and cause developmental delays if the child is constantly plagued with not feeling well. Is there truth to that? Should I be more adamant with having my son tested for diabetes, even though his doctor is not concerned?

The symptoms you are describing are not typical of diabetes. If they persist, it is worth going back to your doctor again.

[Editor's comment: See symptoms of diabetes. SS]