From Jacksonville, Florida, USA:

My daughter has a severe allergy (rashes) to sugar in all forms (fructose, sucrose and table sugar), and I haven't found any one else with this same problem other than my older daughter. However, the doctors can't diagnose them with any known allergy that relates to their situation. Diabetes does run in my family, and I'm wondering if there is a connection between their allergic reactions and diabetes.

It is impossible to be allergic to sugar. Sugar is one of your body's basic building chemicals. She may have an allergy to something else that is with sugar in a food product. There is no known connection between allergies and diabetes.