From Las Vegas, Nevada, USA:

I have a two year old with type 1 diabetes, and I also have a three month old son who does not. I've read about studies that say the introduction of milk too early or the introduction of wheat protein too early in infants can possibly bring on diabetes. I want to do the best thing for my three month old in case he carries the same genes as his brother. When is the best time to introduce these foods?

Nobody really knows. In general, the later, the better. This usually translates into waiting at least 12 months with exclusive breast feeding and no other foods of any other kinds, if possible. You are correct in quoting some recent studies that support such efforts, but how much and whether or not this really helps to postpone or prevent diabetes is still not known for sure.