From Marianna, Florida, USA:

I am 38, was diagnosed with type 2 diabetes approximately five years ago, and in the last two years, my weight has come down from 214 to 180 pounds which I expect to continue. My A1c goes down each time I visit the doctor. If I continue losing weight, along with exercising and eating right can I expect to go off medication or have I passed the point of no return? If my diabetes is related to being overweight and inactive shouldn't I expect blood sugars to return to normal if/when I am no longer overweight?

Only time will tell. Some people are able to adopt a healthier lifestyle, lose weight and go off medication. Depending on how many beta cells you still have working, you will at least need less medication to do the job, and it certainly is possible you will be able to be medication free, at least for a time. Losing weight and lowering your hemoglobin A1c will decrease your risk for many serious health problems. Keep up the good work!