From Hampshire, England:

I have had type 2 diabetes for six years previously treated with pills, but two days ago, I was started on insulin twice a day. I have been taking an ACE inhibitor for hypertension for approximately two years, and previously when my blood pressure was elevated (usually due to an over consumption of carbohydrate!), it would eventually settle, but now I have not slept all night due to an elevated pressure of 146/98 and have not been able to lower it. Is there now a conflict between the insulin and the ACE inhibitor?

There are no known conflicts between insulin and ACE inhibitor treatment. However, if your blood pressure is not well controlled, you may need a higher dose, or a second antihypertensive medication. Go back and discuss in detail with your health care team.

Posted to Other Medications