From Plano, Texas, USA:

My 17 year old son, diagnosed with type 1 diabetes less than a month ago, is very active. Since it is summer, he is with friends a lot, they typically go out to eat at some point, and he calls me for information on carbs. I find lots of information on websites regarding fast food, but can't seem to find carb info on actual restaurants in my area, and I cannot find any information on Chinese food. Is there a website or book that could help us find some reliable answers on carbs?

I would suggest you look at the Nutrition section at our website. There are some good resources for carbohydrate counting and meal planning. You might find the page on Computerized Meal Planning particularly of interest.

[Editor's comment: There are several books available that you might also find useful. To name a few: