Question:

From the USA:

I just saw the movie "Reversal of Fortune", about the Claus von Bulow case. He was accused of trying to murder his (non-diabetic) wife Sunny (who did not have diabetes) about 20 years ago by giving her an insulin overdose. She lived, but remains in a coma. He said the insulin and syringes were hers, and she took insulin injections to lose weight. I have heard of weight loss only as it relates to people with diabetes omitting insulin. How do people who do not have diabetes lose weight using insulin, or is it untrue?

Answer:

There is no evidence that I know of, to support the idea that taking insulin can be a means of losing weight.

Posted to Weight and Weight Loss and Insulin