From the United Kingdom:

I've hit a brick wall in trying to obtain information regarding the availability of certain products in the UK and wonder if you can help. Firstly neither of two insulin pump companies have responded to queries from myself, or other non-US residents, regarding any planned release of their insulin pumps in the UK and elsewhere. Secondly, I have been unable to get any information on the availability of the GlucoWatch II (or indeed III) on its release which I understand will be within a year outside the US. Only the original GlucoWatch is currently available in the UK. Do you have any information on these issues, or any ideas where else I could attempt to find the information I'm looking for?

For availability of the GlucoWatch in the U.K. you should look at the information on their website and arrange to telephone or to be put on the information list. The GlucoWatch III is not yet available in the U.S.

[Editor's comment: I have spoken recently [summer, 2003] with both Deltec and Nipro. Deltec is launching in Canada and France very shorty. Nipro has not even launched in the US yet. Neither company appears to have any plans for the UK in the near future which I am told is because insulin pumps are not frequently used there. SS]