From Italy:

My teenaged daughter has type 1 diabetes, and is coming to live with me. I am worried about the state of care she might receive or should receive here in Italy. She has problems with high blood sugar levels and with her injection sites. I would be grateful of any information you can give me with regard her rights to health care here in Italy and possible avenues to investigate ways to help with her problems with injecting.

In Italy a person with diabetes mellitus who is in the SSN (National Sanitary System) has the right to receive insulin and related devices (syringes or pen needles) and blood and urine check strips without any fee. There is also the possibility to do some examinations related to her disease.