Question:

From Ft. Smith, Arkansas, USA:

I am a recently single mother struggling to purchase supplies for my daughter. I do have insurance but it doesn't cover urine or blood test strips, lancets or insulin. Is there anywhere we can find assistance with these products?

Answer:

Unfortunately, in the United States, there is no national program to assist you. Each state offers different levels of assistance, so you should start with your local and state offices. Another good place to start is Insure Kids Now, which has links to programs at the state level that might be able to help you. You can also visit NeedyMeds.com, which has links to drug company programs to help people in need.

JSH

[Editor's comment: See Paying for diabetes expenses, Free Drugs, and Insurance/Costs for some other answers to similar questions. WWQ]

Posted to Insurance/Costs