From Houston, Texas, USA:

My son was diagnosed earlier this year with type 1 diabetes. I am still very sad about this, and I want to try to find ways to help him. When I was young, I had a cousin that died of complications of type 1 diabetes, so the disease scares me to say the least.

I have been told of a book called the "PH MIRACLE", which claims to have significant impacts on diabetes control and cure for both type 1 and type 2. Their website is They have several examples of Insulin dependent diabetics that have either reduced or eliminated insulin. It has to do with lowering the acidic level in your body.It seems far fetched to me, especially for a type 1, however, I would like to know if you have heard of this, and what your thoughts are.

I have learned humility these years treating patients;, but I haven't heard of this. I looked at the website, and it doesn't make sense.

[Editor's comment: Any book or website that promises a miracle about your health is quackery. See Quackery: How Should It Be Defined? at QuackWatch. WWQ]

Posted to Alternative Therapies and Explanations