I am having trouble controlling my sugar, and I want to see what the pump looks like with the needle inserted in the stomach. Does it hurt?

Go to web sites of Animas, Deltec, Disetronic, and MiniMed. They have lots of such photos and some even have streaming videos to view.

Additional comments from Lois Schmidt Finney, diabetes dietitian:

You can go to the website for the insulin pump companies, and they do show how the infusion sets look. For example, if you go to products, then pump infusion sets, on the MiniMed website, many infusion sets are listed. Choose the one you wish to see and go to quick-set animation so it will show how an inserted infusion set looks.

Posted to Insulin Pumps