From Chicago, Illinois, USA:

I have the same problem as the person who asked a previous question. However, I currently take Actos [pioglitazone] once per day along with Glucophage [metformin] twice per day, and Prandin was started just two weeks ago because my A1c was 8.3%.

I am not sure what the specific problems are. The previous questions were raised in a patient on insulin. Prandin (repaglinide) works differently in that it initiates insulin secretion from your native pancreas. High fasting blood sugars are a suggestion that the glucose released by the liver is too high and needs more insulin to suppress its presence. The presence of a Somogyi Effect is highly controversial, and I personally doubt it exists. To say you have a problem with Prandin when you are also on other medications is also confusing.

Posted to Daily Care and Type 2