From a child life specialist in Austin, Texas, USA:

I am providing education to patients with newly diagnosed with type 1 diabetes, and while I currently have a few books that I use for education to help patients and siblings (ages preschool to school age), I'm having a difficult time finding children's books explaining diabetes for the Spanish speaking population. Do you have any suggestions?

Many of the handouts on the American Diabetes Association Wizdom are in Spanish. Also, An Instructional Aid on Insulin-Dependent Diabetes Mellitus, a book for children with diabetes, written by Dr Luther Travis, is available in Spanish.

Additional comments from Dr. David Schwartz:

There are several. Search this site, and contact your local American Diabetes Association affiliate. You might also contact the endocrine/diabetes sections of the local/regional teaching hospitals.

Additional comments from Dr. Donough O'Brien:

The Children's Diabetes Foundation at Denver publishes an educational coloring book for small children in Spanish.