Question:

From Australia:

I'm a 14 year old girl, and for the last week or so, I have been drinking a lot and needing to urinate almost constantly. I don't go to the toilet during the night, but when I wake up in the morning, I am completely busting. When I am training hard, I tend to feel sick and get lightheaded, and sometimes I get really overtired. I'm not sure if have lost any weight, but I know that some of these things are symptoms of diabetes, and I'm probably just being paranoid. Do I have anything to be worried about?

Answer:

I would suggest visiting with your pediatrician and reviewing your symptoms -- please call for an appointment today.

[Editor's comment: I think you should tell your parents what you're feeling. Perhaps you might want to print out this question and answer to make it easier to talk with them. SS]