From Marco Island, Florida, USA:

If my blood sugar goes over 600 mg/dl [33.3 mmol/L] can that affect the way I act think or how I make decisions? Would it change anything if my blood sugars where lower when I am being questioned?

I am not sure I understand well your questions. If you are asking if high blood glycemic levels or very low ones could affect your behaviour, the answer is yes. Surely, a blood sugar above6 600 mg/dl [33.3 mmol/L] is an high one, and it is possible that you don't react well in this condition.

The same thing is true when blood sugar goes down. The more rapid the onset of hypoglycemia, the more disturbing it could be.

So I think that the goal of your treatment is to maintain the blood sugar values within a more stable range. If the actual therapy does not work, I suggest you review your insulin schedule with your physician.

Posted to Behavior