From Trumbull, Connecticut, USA:

My 62 year old husband is 10 pounds overweight and has a very early stage of prostate cancer. I checked his sugar this morning and it was 130 mg/dl [7.2 mmol/L]. Could this possibly be the early stages of diabetes? Is there a connection between prostate cancer and diabetes?

Perhaps the stress of the prostate cancer could cause a rise in blood sugar in a high risk individual. You should ask your husband's primary care provider to test him for diabetes.

[Editor's comment: See Testing for Diabetes at the Diabetes Monitor. WWQ]

Posted to Diagnosis and Symptoms and Research: Causes and Prevention