From Myrtle Creek, Oregon, USA:

My 26 year old daughter, who has had type 1 diabetes since she was six, has become addicted to meth, but I am not sure how long she has been using it. What complications will develop if she continues using?

Death should be included as one of the complications. It cannot be overstated that the use of these drugs is filled with huge risks. First, they are manufactured in small little labs using toxic chemicals and with no quality control to prevent overdosing and poison exposure. Second, the use of the drugs leads to dependence which ruins lives and families. Third, when she is under the influence of the drug, she is not in a position to be able to monitor herself and her diabetes. This puts her in a bad position to take charge of her health with her diabetes. I hope she can get help to remove her from the use of the drug and the whole scene of drug abuse.

[Editor's comment: See Methamphetamine at WWQ]

Posted to Other Social Issues