Question:

From Las Cruces, New Mexico, USA:

My sister needs Humalog pens and vials, but she is in Yemen where unfortunately this insulin is not available. Can she get Humalog in Saudi Arabia?

Answer:

If she cannot get the type of insulin you need in Yemen or Saudi Arabia, Kuwait, Bahrain, Jordan and Egypt as well as Israel all are Middle Eastern countries that I think have insulin available from Eli Lilly. There are also many mail-order pharmacies all around the world that would ship with FedEx or DHL. If she gets her insulin supplies by the mail, she should make sure that they are well insulated so that extremely hot or extremely cold temperatures do not degrade the insulin protein during shipment.

[Editor's comment: She should inquire if NovoLog (also sometimes called NovoRapid) is available in Yemen and discuss this possibility with her physician since this insulin has action similar to Humalog. SS]

[Editor's comment: Your sister should talk to a physician in Yemen about whether they are aware of any easy way to obtain Humalog there. And you might try contacting Lilly in the United States, to find out in which countries Humalog may be available. WWQ]

Posted to Insulin Analogs