From Australia:

I am a 15 year old female who is approximately 5 feet 8 inches tall, I weigh about 136 pounds, and I am trying to lose weight. I run about three times per week, play netball, and I have netball training regularly. I limit my fat intake and watch what I eat, but I can't seem to lose weight easy. Is my diabetes related to this? What are the best weight loss methods for people with type 1 diabetes? I really am worried about this and would appreciate any information.

Your Body Mass Index (BMI) is 20.7 which is almost exactly on the median for 15 year old girls so you are most certainly not overweight. You should know that there are no magic diets or drugs that are lastingly effective even when you are overweight, and it certainly seems that you are doing all the sensible things to keep healthy. This reassurance is probably not going to be enough so if there is a dietitian attached to your diabetes care team you should most certainly talk this over with him/ her.

Posted to Weight and Weight Loss