From Willamina, Oregon, USA:

My one and a half year old is constantly thirsty, has frequent mood swings, has some days where she gets very lethargic and seems to act totally differently if she's at someone else's house on a different menu. There is a large history of diabetes in my husband's family. The doctor told me she was too young to have diabetes, but I have watched her for a month and seen how she reacts when I change her diet so I can't help but wonder. How do I get the doctor to test her? Am I wrong in suspecting she may have it?

Diabetes can occur in any age child, adolescent or adult. If you child has the symptoms of diabetes, she should have testing done to rule it out or confirm your suspicions.