From Ontario, Canada:

I am a teenager with type 1 diabetes, and I am having some very severe pains in my upper leg and buttocks area. It seems to get really bad when I am in the car. Is this due to poor circulation or diabetes?

The information you give is really too limited to offer a judgement by e-mail. You need to discuss the problem with your doctor who will need to have a fuller history and to do an appropriate physical exam.

Additional comments from Dr. Larry Deeb:

Probably neither circulation nor diabetes. I would guess a pinched nerve. Check with your physician.

Posted to Aches and Pains