From Queensbury, New York, USA:

My three year old was diagnosed with type 1 diabetes, and it's been three months since he had blood work done. We went to the endocrinologist there and no blood tests were done nor even a urine specimen taken. I am very frustrated with this team and really need to also find another specialist. Shouldn't they be monitoring his hemoglobin A1c and any other levels on a regular basis (2 months, 3 months)?

You should call your pediatric endocrine team and ask these questions of them. I would imagine that hemoglobin A1c levels and perhaps thyroid, lipid, and celiac tests should be done unless they have already been done at diagnosis. You should ask them such questions and also what to expect for followup.

Many pediatric endocrinologists see such very young children more often than every three months, but a lot depends upon how much you know as parents, and how easy or difficult it is to manage your toddler. If you want another consultation and opinion, then you will have to check with your primary care provider and your insurance company to see who else may be on your insurance company listing. The Chase book (Understanding Insulin-Dependent Diabetes) and the Hanas teaching manuals (Insulin-Dependent Diabetes in Children, Adolescents and Adults) are both excellent and good resources for you about toddler-related diabetes management.