Question:

From Brookline, Massachusetts, USA:

Can you please tell me if you know if any residential treatment programs in the Northeast that either specialize in diabetes and/or chronic diseases, or at least accepts kids with diabetes?

Answer:

I am not sure what kind of residential facility you are looking for. You don't indicate if this patient is having difficulty with his diabetes or behavioral issues. I would check with a social worker at your local children's hospital who be able to provide the requested information.

SS

Additional comments from Dr. Andrea Scaramuzza:

I write from Italy, and I know that is a bit complicated, but if you want give your child an holiday in Italy we organize every year four occasion for children with diabetes. The next one will be held in January the mountains, and one of the activities will be skiing.

AS