From Traverse City, Michigan, USA:

My six year old son, who has type 1 diabetes, also has severe allergies, and I am told allergy shots are the only way to prevent asthma. I am also told that you cannot combine allergy serum with insulin, but I can't stand the idea of my son having more shots. I am wondering if anyone has actually researched to see if you could draw the serum in with insulin to reduce the number of shots or if people just say it can't be done, and have not really looked into it.

I would not recommend mixing allergy serum with insulin. I'm not sure that I've ever seen any research into the safety of mixing them, and in the absence of research to support mixing them, it would not be a good idea.

Posted to Other Medications and Insulin