Question:

From Pakistan:

My daughter was diagnosed with type 1 diabetes seven months ago and takes premixed insulin. Please tell me about insulin pens. Which one can be used with her insulin type? Which one has the thinnest needle?.

Answer:

See insulin Pens for more information about insulin pens. Needle free injectors were quite popular a number of years ago, but they are expensive and cumbersome and for the most part caused more discomfort that ultrafine needles.

[Editor's comment: Each insulin company makes pens for its own products. A few independent manufacturers make pens that will work with cartridges from one or more insulin companies. SS]

DTQ-20031004121755D