From Pakistan:

My daughter was diagnosed with type 1 diabetes seven months ago and takes premixed insulin. Please tell me about insulin pens. Which one can be used with her insulin type? Which one has the thinnest needle?.

See insulin Pens for more information about insulin pens. Needle free injectors were quite popular a number of years ago, but they are expensive and cumbersome and for the most part caused more discomfort that ultrafine needles.

[Editor's comment: Each insulin company makes pens for its own products. A few independent manufacturers make pens that will work with cartridges from one or more insulin companies. SS]