From Connecticut, USA:

I just started on an insulin pump about three months ago and have had problems with hyperglycemia after changing the site which suggests to me that there was a problem with the insertion. Do a lot of people on the pump have problems with catheter insertion? If the pump site looks and feels fine, how would I know that it's working properly other then waiting to see if I have high blood sugar?

It sounds like you may be experiencing some technique errors when inserting the new catheters. You should discuss this directly with your diabetes team and likely have them watch you directly. Such close observation will usually help figure out where the problem is and how to correct it. Bent catheters, how you are holding the skin, and specific site problems all could cause such problems as can air in the catheter tubing itself as well.

Posted to Hyperglycemia and DKA and Insulin Pumps