From Bellbrook, Ohio, USA:

I am a 53 year old male who has had type 1 diabetes for 42 years and on a pump for a year and a half. I was diagnosed with fibromyalgia about 12 years ago, and I know both my diabetes and fibromyalgia were caused by an autoimmune process. Are there more people with diabetes being diagnosed with fibromyalgia? Are there doctors who treat both?

Some consideration has been given to the correlation of endocrine disorders such as type 1 diabetes and fibromyalgia. There is no proof that fibromyalgia is an autoimmune disorder, but studies continue. Many individuals with fibromyalgia have diabetes or thyroid disorders. Generally, endocrinologists treat the diabetes and rheumatologists treat the fibromyalgia. As with much of medical treatments in the 21st century, a team app