I recently had blurred vision so I was tested for diabetes, and my fasting blood sugars were 300 mg/dl [16.7 mmol/L] (after 12 hour without eating) and 220 mg/dl [12.2 mmol/L] (after 17 hours without eating). The tests were done on two consecutive days.I have a healthy lifestyle. I've practiced karate for 20 years, I run, I use my bike to go to work every day, and I try to be careful in what I eat. However, I have hypothyroidism, and I am under a lot stress (serious personal problems).

Could it be that this stress was the cause of the high blood sugar levels, and I do not have diabetes?. Is there any relation between hypothyroidism and diabetes?

Your blood sugars you provided are proof you have diabetes. It is unlikely that any other stresses from day-to-day issues caused this to be a false-positive test.

Hypothyroidism is not necessarily associated with type 2 diabetes. It is usually caused by an autoimmune process and can be associated with type 1 diabetes, which is also an autoimmune disease. The result of the treatment of hypothyroidism is to provide your body with a replacement dose of thyroid hormone in a manner similar to what your body would make.