From Dresden, Maine, USA:

My six year old daughter was diagnosed with type 1 diabetes a month ago and testing shows that it is specifically "a typical type 1 diabetes". However, I do not understand exactly what this means. I've looked around on the Internet for more information but have had no luck. Can you explain what "a typical type 1 diabetes" means?

We sometimes test for a number of antibodies (islet cell antibodies, GAD, insulin), and it's likely she has them. So this means she has type 1A (autoimmune) diabetes, the most common type in a six year old. See Diabetes Basics. There is almost a whole textbook on this website -- lots of reading and learning.