From Parker, Colorado, USA:

Is type 1 diabetes occasionally caused by a flu shot or being over-immunized? I've heard theories of this, and I can testify to it. It was the following day after my flu shot that I became ill with some sort of retrovirus. I had low body temperature, aching muscles and digestive problems. Over the next two months, I had developed symptoms of diabetes. I was peeing up to 25 times a day, eating enormous amounts of food, and my arms fell asleep every now and then. Since I had that flu shot and up until the day I was diagnosed I had dropped 12 pounds from 103. I can't help but wonder.

There is no very good research linking immunization to development of type 1 diabetes but lots of speculation. There is some interesting theories about the generalized increase in type 1 diabetes related to our "cleaner" environment(s) in general but also mostly theory and not such hard evidence so far.