Question:

From Ogden, Utah, USA:

My son has diabetes, but his sister and I do not, so I am having a difficult time meal planning for my family. Any suggestions and recipes would be helpful.

Answer:

I would suggest you schedule an appointment for you and your son to meet with a registered dietitian who specializes in diabetes meal planning. He/she can develop an individualized meal plan that will work with your family's meal times and still help your son obtain optimal blood glucose control. Ask your doctor for a referral to an RD if you need one.

JMS

[Editor's comment: Lots of recipes can be found on-line. See Nutrition and Readers' Favorite Recipes. WWQ]