From Alpharetta, Georgia, USA:

My six year old son has had diabetes for ten months, and last night, my husband and I noticed that our four year old daughter has been thirsty a lot recently. So, I tested her blood sugar about an hour after dinner, and it was 175 mg/dl [9.7 mmol/L]. We tested her this morning and it was 102 mg/dl [5.7 mmol/L] fasting and 100 mg/dl [5.6 mmol/L] two hours after her breakfast. What caused her to have an elevated reading last night? Is that normal?

I understand your deep concern regarding your daughter's blood sugar levels. All numbers you gave to us are within the normal range, considering the very small difference between values if you use home blood sugar meters. See Classification and Diagnosis of Diabetes. Nevertheless, I'd as, if not done already, for an evaluation of her antibodies.