Question:

From Mililani, Hawaii, USA:

My 58 year old mother has type 2 diabetes, and when I have watched her test her blood sugar, and I can see how painful it is for her. I know she hates to prick herself and sometimes has some difficulty so she will avoid doing the test. Is there a product available that doesn't have that loud "snap" noise when pricking your finger?

Answer:

believe you are referring to the lancet device. For more information of currently available products, see Lancets and Lancing Devices.

SS

[Editor's comment: Your mom should seek assistance from a Certified Diabetes Educator, or perhaps a friendly local pharmacist, to demonstrate various devices. WWQ]