From Mililani, Hawaii, USA:

My 58 year old mother has type 2 diabetes, and when I have watched her test her blood sugar, and I can see how painful it is for her. I know she hates to prick herself and sometimes has some difficulty so she will avoid doing the test. Is there a product available that doesn't have that loud "snap" noise when pricking your finger?

believe you are referring to the lancet device. For more information of currently available products, see Lancets and Lancing Devices.

[Editor's comment: Your mom should seek assistance from a Certified Diabetes Educator, or perhaps a friendly local pharmacist, to demonstrate various devices. WWQ]