From Falmouth, Massachusetts, USA:

My husband's fingers are pretty sore, and I would like to find a monitor that is good and requires less blood.. I have been looking at a couple, and I have heard that it is still better to test on your finger and not on the arm because of the results What is the best meter on the market today? Any help would be greatly appreciated. I am not asking his doctor because he is not a diabetes doctor and getting my husband to switch is kind of difficult.

The choice of a meter is highly individualized, and there are many excellent products on the market today. I suggest you look at Blood Glucose Meters. You can also contact a local pharmacy or diabetes education program where it might be possible to try out several before making a decision. In addition, you might also the in touch with your insurer as often times only certain products will be covered.