I'm a 13 year old who has had type 1 diabetes for 11 years now, and when my blood sugars are low I fail to wake from my sleep. I also have night terror fits (at the same time as going low) with symptoms such as screaming, tranced eyes and I don't recognize or fear of people present at the time. Recently I had a very low blood sugar which was treated, and afterwards I constantly felt a fear of feeling low blood sugar symptoms. Are these normal symptoms of diabetes? If not what could this possibly be?

I think that what you describe could be due to diabetes. Unfortunately the difficulty of awakening when blood sugar is low, as well as your other symptoms is common. Perhaps you can have a kind of hypoglycemia unawareness because of your diabetes' duration. So I can suggest you discuss with your diabetes team perhaps switching to Lantus before going bed, because with this insulin you can reduce the episodes of nocturnal hypoglycemia.