From Hawk Point, Missouri, USA:

I am a Type 2 diabetic, 40 year old male. I've had diabetes less than 5 years. I had a heart attack 8 months ago and have a stint. I'm unable to gain weight. I'm 6' 2", 175 pounds. I have a high metabolism rate. My father also has diabetes type 2 and is unable to gain weight. How is it possible to eat low fat with a high enough caloric intake and not have most of the food carb out?

You might want to consider supplements as prescribed by your physician and/or dietitian. These are balanced nutritional foods in the form of liquids such as shakes or bars that would provide 1-3 calories per ounce and also improve your nutritional state without jeopardizing your glucose readings. I would definitely consider discussing this with your specialist.