From Lincolnshire, UK:

My son has been unwell for some time. His symptoms are blacked out vision several times a day for a few seconds each time, blurred vision, and head pain in the frontal lobe for a few seconds several times a day. He is also more thirsty than usual and very irritable. Yesterday he had an appointment with a paediatrician. A routine urine sample showed that he had glucose and protein in his urine. The doctor told us he was probably diabetic, however a blood sugar test showed pretty normal at 5.7 mmol/l [103 mg/dl]. We are now very confused. I have been asked to take him to G.P. for urine test again today and he will need more tests in the future. Should I be worried? This has been going on for approximately 5 months and his symptoms are definitely becoming worse and more frequent.

This certainly does not sound typical of diabetes and requires further investigation. The presence of protein and glucose in his urine suggests that he may have a kidney problem. While it is impossible to suggest that you shouldn't worry, you must allow the paediatrician to work through the problem to reach the correct diagnosis.