From McHenry, Illinois, USA:

I was just curious how close they are to having a continuous glucose monitor, and how the development of a closed loop insulin pump is going, and how close they are on that also. My son is almost 2, and I'm just very anxious for at least the continuous glucose meter to become a reality for now. It would take a lot of stress off me and my wife not having to worry about highs, and especially lows.

There is lots of work to do to make it reliable and practical, unfortunately. But several places are working to make this occur, so do not despair.

Additional comments from Jeff Hitchcock, CWD Founder and Editor:

See our Report from Diabetes Technology Meeting held in San Francisco in November 2003 for some insight into the research being conducted on continuous glucose sensing.

Posted to Blood Tests and Insulin Injections and Research: Monitoring