From Las Vegas, Nevada, USA:

I've had diabetes all my life. I'm 13 and type 1. Just a year ago I moved to a different state and the doctor here tells me I have to use the shots instead of pills that I was on right before I moved. The shots burn every time I get them. I get two a day and I can't stand it. What does it mean when the injection burns?

You should discuss this with your physician and diabetes nurse educator. It could be you are giving the insulin incorrectly and this is the cause of the discomfort. Too shallow injections may burn. Cold insulin may feel uncomfortable. It also could be that you are allergic to the insulin being used and an alternative insulin would be suggested. Your diabetes team should probably watch you actually draw up and administer the insulin so that they can problem solve with you.