From Kalkaska, Michigan, USA:

My daughter was born without a thyroid and has been on Synthroid since she was four days old. She had been tested for other problems but everything has come back normal so far. They test her once a year for her sugar. Lately she has been very irritable, thirsty, and tired. But there are times when she is so hyped that she can't be controlled, which is not my child. Can an infection cause your sugar levels to act funny? For the last three weeks, I have been checking her sugar with my monitor. It has been as low as 33 and as high as 224, sometimes in the say day. She has been running a fever on and off and has gotten sick twice (vomiting) in this time frame. She has a doctor's appointment next week, due to her doctor being out of town, and he doesn't want anyone else seeing her unless it is a emergency.

I would suggest reviewing your concerns with your pediatrician in a timely manner just as you've suggested.

Posted to Other Illnesses and Diagnosis and Symptoms