Question:

From Elkins, West Virginia, USA:

I check my blood sugar regularly several times a day and get acceptable readings. I cannot get my A1c level down below 10. My endocrinologist is baffled and it is very frustrating to me. I am in the process of changing to a new insulin pump. I have been on a pump for almost 3 years and have available any supplies I need. Any suggestions?

Answer:

Does your meter work? Are you monitoring at times that might be high and have until now gone unnoticed? Do you have a lot of lows that result in rebound highs? Is your target blood sugar low enough? All these are reasons to have high sugars.

Posted to Hyperglycemia and DKA and A1c, Glycohemoglobin, HgbA1c