From Oklahoma, USA:

My nephew lives with me and has for the last three years. In June of this year we found out he has Post Traumatic Stress Syndrome. He also has Major Depressive Disorder. His HA1C has shot up from a 6.7 to 9.4 He is taking 150mg of Zoloft and 900mg of Trileptal, which is for seizures but is used to enhance the Zoloft. Could this medication change his blood sugars? Is there any medication that would not have a big effect on blood sugars? We have increased his insulin Humulin N from 36 units to 40 units in the a.m. and in the p.m from 16 units to 20. He still has some high sugar reading in the a.m but not as many. He is 6'3" and weighs 178 lbs.

This question needs to be answered by a child psychiatrist with expertise in psychotropic medications.

Posted to Other Medications