From Laurel, Maryland, USA:

I have had type 1 diabetes for 20 years and my microalbumin in my urine has risen from 17 to 25. Does alcohol consumption contribute to microalbumin, as I consume an after work martini daily? Is there anything I can do to reverse or stop its progress (i.e., cranberry tablets, drinking more water, vitamins, quit drinking)? I am on Zestril for my kidneys and my A1c is 7.2 as of last month.

You can continue to work on your blood sugar control. Alcohol, in moderation, does not specifically cause worsening of microalbuminuria. You can take in too much alcohol and raise your blood pressure which has a negative effect on your albumin excretion in the urine.