From Ft. Walton Beach, Florida, USA:

Is there a ball park figure for the amount of carbs to consume within a 24 hour time? I am trying to set a goal of carb intake now that I must watch my carbs to keep my blood sugar down.

I would suggest that you schedule an appointment to meet with a registered dietitian who specializes in diabetes meal planning. They can develop an individualized meal plan to incorporate your favorite foods and assist you in obtaining optimal blood sugar control. Meal planning nowadays is individualized based on the person's health conditions and glycemic goals. Ask your physician if you need a referral to an RD.